Friday, September 25, 2009

Salsa Time

Starting off todays post with some pictures my mom sent me this morning. The first one is of my husband and I at our recent going awa to Iowa party.

The next couple of are salsa that my parents make every year from veggies from my dad's garden and lasts us a year or two.
They make so many different kinds and batches and its fun to go in the basement and pick out the next one.


Heres my mom trying some, this is the best time to try it. All warm and fresh:)


Look at all those wonderful jars!



Getting sealed!

Now onto my breakfast. It included my free sample of Bear Naked Cereal. It was really good on top of my yogurt mess.
Peanut Butter, yogurt and pineapple!
I then went for a cool 7 miles. I hate that it's getting colder around here. I then did some Yoga for Runners and tried to stretch out my hamstrings.
Lunch was 1/2 of this Southwestern Salad.
And some guacamole for dressing.
Work tonight from 2-9:30pm then off for the weekend. WOOHOO!! Much needed.
My husband also says that he wants to do reviews/guest posts once a week. He loves this blogging thing, so you will be seeing more of this!
What are your weekend plans?

12 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Definitely can't beat homemade salsa!!


Weekend plans = schoolwork and just enjoying the weather.

Rachel said...

I sent your PB yesterday!!! Let's see if it is faster to go from IA to CA or vice versa ;)

Meg @ Be Fit Be Full said...

Holy salsa! Yum - I love chips and salsa!
I am headed to a surprise b-day party for a friend in Philly this weekend!
have a good one!

homecookedem said...

Homemade salsa is the best! I love the pic of your mom eating straight out of the pot!! Awesome! :)

Paige@ Running Around Normal said...

That salsa looks awesome!! Look at all those cans :)

Sophia said...

I've never made homemade salsa before...that's a LOT of salsa! Wow! Care to spare one? ;-) Your mom is cute, teehee!

Holly said...

loved that review by the husband - TOO CUTE!

that salsa looks soooo good...my mom makes killer salsa, and i think i need to convince her to make a big batch so i can have it all year round too :)

my second to last wedding of the year today - woowoo! have a good weekend girl!

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

That salsa looks delicious! And what a great idea to mix some PB with pineapple.. sounds like I'm going to have to try that asap :) Have a great weekend!

Jocelyn said...

mmm homemade salsa. looks delish!

Anonymous said...

now that is one huge batch of salsa :) But there is NOTHING wrong with that! haha

Lele said...

I am so jealous of your jars and jars of homemade salsa!

Anonymous said...

Salsa heaven! I would eat it all.
This weekend we went to the Newport Food and Wine Festival. It was awesome!